Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Banjaard"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||Emma & Willy, Gossi, Anke Grothmann, Marie-Gisela|
|Type of rigging:||TOPPSEGELSCHONER|
|Yard:||Hendrik Kroese, Hoogezand, NL|
|Overall length:||38.00 m|
|Length (hull):||29.00 m|
|Sail area:||450 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 18 Aug 2013
- 1913 built by Hendrik Kroese in Hoogezand, NL as a freighter for the German Captain Klaus Diedrich Koch from Basbeck, GER; first name "Emma & Willy"; used in the North and Baltic Sea.
- 1926 fitted with an auxiliary engine.
- 1930 renamed the "Gossi".
- 1948 the hull was lenghtened by 5 metres.
- 1950 removal of a mast and exchange of the engine, since 1952 used as 1-masted sailing ship with auxiliary engine, later the rigg was completely removed.
- 1956 renamed the "Anke Grothmann".
- 1965 change of the owner and flag, used as an coastal freighter by the family Umland from Neustadt/GER, renamed "Marie-Gisela", she was in service until 1990.
- 1990 change of the owner and flag to Holland, 1992 converted to a topsail schooner, after that she is used as a charter ship for day and weekend trips.
- 1999 another change of the owner, Aard-Michiel Bot and Claudia Vieser.
- her sailing area is the Baltic Sea starting from Kiel in the season, in the pre- and post-season she sails the Ijsselsea based in Lemmer.
- often participated the Kieler Woche and Hanse Sail Rostock and other maritime events in the Baltic Sea.
Last tracked position of the ship:
Map provided by FleetMon.com
Contact:Website (deutsch, 26 Jan 2011):
Banjaard, the traditional rigged sailing vessel at the Baltic Sea and Ijsselsea: her history, interior, sailing on board, contact address, photos
Website (deutsch, 11 Apr 2021):
Banjaard: information about the ship, her long history, photos, contact
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Ein interaktives Informationssystem auf CD-ROM 1998
(2. überarbeitete Auflage)
Source with picture Source with technical data Quelle with contact
"Hanse Sail Rostock - Wo man sich begegnet"
Hanse Sail Verein Rostock e.V. 2005
Page: 47 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data