Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Ryvar"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||De Maas RO16, De Mervede, Flevo1, Helga, Meta Buck, Svegrunn|
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Type of ship:||Logger|
|Yard:||D. & Joh. Boot, Alphen aan de Rijn, NL|
|Overall length:||38.30 m|
|Length (hull):||24.95 m|
|Sail area:||370 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
|Engine:||6 Zyl. Caterpillar|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 02 May 2006
- built 1916 at D. & Joh. Boot in Alphen aan de Rijn as steel sailing logger, first name "De Maas", registered in Rotterdam, NL.
- sold in November 1916 to Karel Knoester, renamed the "Mervede", registered in Scheveningen, NL.
- 1917 sold to Scheepvaart Mij., Flandia, NL and converted to a freighter, renamed the "Flevo1".
- in October 1921 sold to G.J. van Vljet, Hardinxveld, NL.
- 1927 change of the owner, purchased by Hans Ramke from Hamburg Altona, GER, renamed the "Helga", fitting of the first engine (40 hp), registered in Hamburg, GER.
- December 28, 1931 grounding next to Lillegrund, Oresund, Baltic Sea, towed heavyly damaged to Copenhagen, DK in January 1932, probably sold to A. Wedekind in July 1932.
- November 1933 sold to A.M. Buck & J. Buck, Bremerförde, renamed "Meta Buck", registered in Hamburg, GER.
- 1935 fitted with a new main engine (100 hp), 1955 another change of the engine (300 hp)
- 1956 sold to J. Johannesen, Vedavagen, NOR, renamed the "Svegrunn", registered in Haugesund, NOR, rebuilt and converted for use in the fishery.
- 1960 sold to the "Svegrunn's Rederi" (S. Thuestad), Haugesund, NOR remains the homeport.
- 1963 Svegrundn's Rederi (J. Johannesen), registered in Vedavagen, NOR.
- 1968 sold to A. Saevik, registered in Haugesund, NOR.
- 1973 sold to B. Espeland from Mosterhamn, NOR, renamed the "Ryvar", Haugesund, NOR remains the homeport.
- 1976 sold to T. Steinsland, Haugesund, NOR remains the homeport.
- 1978 sold to Gerhard Skaten, Onarheim, NOR, installation of a new main engine and conversion to a freighter, used to transport sand, Haugesund, NOR remains the homeport.
- 1987 change of the owner, H. Fedoy, Odd Alden, Veroy, Vaerlandet, NOR.
- 1995 sold to J. Kowalski, Flensburg, GER, rebuilt and rigged as a gaff ketch until May 1996 for use as Sail Training and traditional sailing ship. sailing areas are the Western Baltic Sea, North Sea and Atlantic (Norway, Holland, Belgium, France)
- name "Ryvar" after a rock north of Haugesund in Norway.
Last tracked position of the ship:
Map provided by FleetMon.com
Contact:Website (deutsch, 11 Mar 2006):
Ryvar: Information about the ship, the history, photos, sailing on board, contact address
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Ein interaktives Informationssystem auf CD-ROM 1998
(2. überarbeitete Auflage)
Source with picture Source with technical data
"Die letzten grossen Segelschiffe"
Delius Klasing Verlag 2002 ISBN: 3-7688-0483-6
(10. aktualisierte und erweiterte Auflage)
Page: 113 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data
"Hanse Sail Rostock - Wo man sich begegnet"
Hanse Sail Verein Rostock e.V. 2005
Page: 156 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data