Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Fulvia af Anholt"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Name:||Fulvia af Anholt|
|Ex-names:||Anna Elisabeth, Marianne, Rosa, Anna, Gudrun, Allan Juul|
|Type of rigging:||GALEASSE|
|Yard:||J. Koefoed, Fakse, Ladeplads, DK|
|Overall length:||22.10 m|
|Length (hull):||17.10 m|
|Sail area:||280 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 27 Jan 2007
- 1898 commissioned on order of postmaster Peter Petersen in Denmark in 1898 for operation as a post and passenger sailing ship on the route Grenå - Anholt, name "Anna Elisabeth" used in the Kattegat, Baltic Sea, later as cargo vessel in the Baltic and North Sea, eventful life with many changing owners, names and registered homeports.
- 1903 sold to J.J. Norre, Aggersund DK, renamed the "Marianne" of Løgstør (Limfjord, DK)
- 1904 moved to Aalborg, DK.
- 1918 sold to H.E. Thulin, Rudkøping, DK, renamed the "Rosa" of Rudkøping.
- 1919 fitted with auxiliary engine Hilfsmotors, 1-cylinder Diesel, 35 hp.
- 1919 sold to producer P. Thorsen, Hasseris, DK, renamed the "Anna" of Aalborg, DK.
- 1919 sold to A/S C.P. Jensen in Nykøbing, DK on the island Seeland.
- 1920 registered in Nykøbing, DK, later renamed the "Gudrun".
- 1921 sold to P/R Kontoreit E.F. Rasmussen, Aalborg and J. Nielsen, Aalborg.
- 1922 registered in Aalborg, single owner E.F. Rasmussen.
- 1922 sold to director J. Kanstrup, Frederiksborg, DK.
- 1926 sold on an auction to Jens B. Pedersen, Løgstør (Limfjord)
- since 1933 used for fishing stones.
- 16 July 1936 grounding during a voyage between Løgstør and Drogden (Sund), she was holed, made water and sunk at the NW-coast of Livø (Limfjord), the crew saved theirselves, salvage of the ship and removal of the rigg.
- 12.06.1939 another touch of the ground during a voyage with freight from Helsingborg to Aalborg in fog next to Hals (Limfjord, DK), got free with help of a tug.
- 1941 new owner R.B. Jensen, Løgstør, DK, registered in Aalborg.
- 1941 new owner Martin Simonsen, Tyboron, DK, further used in the stone fishery, 1945 move of the owner M. Simonsen to Løgstør, DK and 1949 to Middelfahrt, DK.
- 1950 operated by the shipowners Lars Simonsen (brother of Martin Simonsen) and K.V. Oleson of Hirtshals, DK, registered in Hirtshals.
- 1964 owner H.V. Jensen, Esbjerg, DK; used for stone fishing and as plattform for divers renamed the "Allan Juul", registered in Esbjerg, DK.
- 1972 new owner Bent Bolding-Jensen, Verster-Skerninge, DK, renamed the "Fulvia" of Fjellebroen.
- 1972-1975 completely overhauled and restored to her original state as a galeasse at the shipyard Ring-Andersen in Svendborg until 1975, fitted with a new engine, technical equippment, new rigg, passenger berths, new planking, new deck.
- since 1982 the "Fulvia" has sailed under the German flag, proving to be a fast and seaworthy ship at STA regattas.
- completion of the restore, adding of a square foresail, exchange of the rudder system.
- offers cruises for children, young people, families and women sailing enthusiasts, as well as one-day or weekend incentive trips and regatta escorts for up to 20 people; the motto on board: "sailing as it was 100 years ago, all pulling together".
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
"Die letzten grossen Segelschiffe"
Delius Klasing Verlag 1997 ISBN: 3-7688-0483-6
(9. aktualisierte Auflage)
Page: 83 Source with history Source with technical data
"Mitsegeln auf Sail-Training-Schiffen - Ein praktisches Handbuch der S.T.A.G. mit Schiffsportraits"
Nordwestdeutsche Verlagsgesellschaft Bremerhaven ISBN: 3-927 857-61-0
Page: 69 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data
Ein interaktives Informationssystem auf CD-ROM 1998
(2. überarbeitete Auflage)
Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact
Delius Klasing Verlag ISSN: 0936-7624
Page: 212 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data
"Galeaß "Fulvia af Anholt""
"Die letzten grossen Segelschiffe"
Delius Klasing Verlag 2002 ISBN: 3-7688-0483-6
(10. aktualisierte und erweiterte Auflage)
Page: 94 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data
"Hanse Sail Rostock - Wo man sich begegnet"
Hanse Sail Verein Rostock e.V. 2005
Page: 86 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data