Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Ebenhaezer"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||TJALK|
|Type of ship:||Seetjalk|
|Yard:||Werft van der Werf, Leuwaarden, NL|
|Overall length:||26.00 m|
|Length (hull):||18.81 m|
|Sail area:||178 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
|Engine:||Mercedes Benz OM352|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 20 Jul 2009
- built 1908 at the shipyard van der Werf, Leeuwarden, NL for Dutch owners; used to tranport peat, grain, building materials, salted fish on the rivers, channels and waaden sea of the Netherlands.
- later used as post ship between the mainland and Western Frisian islands, since 1929 she was fitted with an engine.
- 1949 purchased by H. van Kuyck, Antwerp, BEL, reconstruction to a leisure yacht, installation of a small mizzen mast, replacement of sideboards.
- 1966 sold to the English manufacturer L. Cullen, change of the engine, installation of a rudder house and cabins in the position of the former hold, voyage through Europe.
- 1972 laid up in Rendsburg, GER at the shipyard Ueckerwerft, offered for sale.
- 1980 purchased by H. and S. Gossing, used during sparetime, 1984 moved to Rhauderfehn, GER.
- 1986 sold to the municipality of Rhauderfehn, restored through a German Government grant ("Arbeiten und Lernen - Berufsanfängerprogramm"), rebuilt to her former appearance as working boat until 1988.
- used as an active traditional sailing ship and for sailing with youth today, operated by the Rhauderfehner Schiffergilde, sails with guests during the season.
- the name "Ebenheazer" comes from the Bible and means "God has brought us up to here".
Last tracked position of the ship:
Map provided by FleetMon.com
Contact:Website (deutsch, 22 Dec 2009):
Ebenhaezer: website of the operator with information about their activities, many photos, technical data, contact address
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Ein interaktives Informationssystem auf CD-ROM 1998
(2. überarbeitete Auflage)
Source with technical data Quelle with contact
Gert Uwe Detlefsen, Stefan Lipsky, Heinz Trost
"Veteranen- und Museumsschiffe"
Verlag Gert Uwe Detlefsen 1997 ISBN: 3-928473-34-4
(3. umfassend erweiterte Auflage)
Page: 51 Source with technical data Quelle with contact
Mitteilungsblatt der Freunde des Gaffelriggs
Page: 33-34 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data
"Die Geschichte der Tjalk Ebenhaezer"