Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Anna Rogde"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||Anna af Bergen|
|Type of rigging:||SCHONER|
|Yard:||Bangsund Shipyard, Namsos|
|Overall length:||27.40 m|
|Sail area:||444 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
|Engine:||Scania 400 hp|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 01 Nov 1999
- launched at Bangsund Skipsverft in Namsos in 1868
- 1872 bought by the skipper from Hardanger Isak Rogde, renamed to "Anna af Bergen", he got married to Anna from Kjøtta, so the ship was called "Anna Rogde"
- because of its long and rich history she is called "the sailing queen of Norway" by its lovers
- used as a freighter along the coastline of Norway, the Baltic sea, and along other coastlines of other countries in the South like Portugal
- the living proof of Norway's old shipbuilding traditions, probably the oldest still sailing schooner of the world
- owned by the Rogde family from the island Kjotta in Harstad for three generations now
- suitable and offers local daytrips, voyages to the Lofoten and along the Norwegian coast and conference services
- ship is run by the foundation "Stiftelsen Anna Rogde" and has its own support group called "Anna Rogdes Venner", all the work onboard is voluntary work from enthusiasts
- in 2000 and 2008 she participated the Sail Brest festival
Contact:Website (norsk/English, 23 Oct 2000):
The official Anna Rogde website: history, picture gallery, booking, contact address, links
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Ein interaktives Informationssystem auf CD-ROM 1998
(2. überarbeitete Auflage)
Source with technical data Quelle with contact