Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Sigandor"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||GALEASSE|
|Yard:||Kroese, Hoogezand, NL|
|Overall length:||35.00 m|
|Length (hull):||24.00 m|
|Sail area:||400 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 13 Jan 2007
- 1909 built in Hoogezand, NED as a cargo sailing ship with the name "Martha", transport of goods along the German North Sea coastline for a ship owner from Hamburg, GER.
- 1922 sold to Sonderburg, GER; used as freigther furthermore.
- 1941 change of the owner, fitted with an auxiliary engine, registerred in Egernsund, GER, operation area in the Baltic Sea, new name "Sigandor".
- 1970 change of the owner, return to Sonderburg as registerred port, retrofitting and conversion into a sand teat, delivery of the town Hamburg with sand from the North Sea.
- 1978 sold to a ship owner from Hamburg, GER; completion of the rebuilding to a sailing ship.
- since 1980 she sails as a traditional veteran sailing ship in the South Danish Sea and on the German Baltic Sea coast, adventure trips combined with education, whoever sails on board the "Singandor" is a member of the ship's crew and not a guest.
- "Singandor" visits several sailing events in the Baltic.
- since 2003 she flies the German flag and Hamburg is the registerred port.
- name "Sigandor" contains parts of the names of the wife and daughters of a former owner.
Contact:Website (deutsch, 07 Mar 2021):
Sigandor: sailing programm, charter, contacts and photo galery, info about the ship and her history
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Ein interaktives Informationssystem auf CD-ROM 1998
(2. überarbeitete Auflage)
Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact
"Hanse Sail Rostock - Wo man sich begegnet"
Hanse Sail Verein Rostock e.V. 2005
Page: 166 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data
Arne Koslowski (Hrsg.)
"traditions - Geschichten aus dem Meer erzählt von Skippern traditioneller Schiffe"
KardesH-Verlag 2005 ISBN: 3-938314-01-X
Page: 104 Source with picture Source with technical data
(Erzählung von Rieke Boomgaarden)