Ship profile for the sailing ship: "De Albertha"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Registered port:||Lemmer, Friesland|
|Type of rigging:||TJALK|
|Type of ship:||Groninger Seetjalk|
|Yard:||E. Smit, Hoogezand, NL|
|Overall length:||34.50 m|
|Length (hull):||26.50 m|
|Sail area:||350 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 21 May 2016
- she is a so-called 'Groninger sea tjalk' (a bigger tjalk), built in 1891, used to carry agricultural goods, building material and peat from Amsterdam up to Copenhagen, first owner came from Amsterdam, NL.
- fitted with an engine in the 1930s.
- 1975 she was found decommissioned, begin of her rebuilding to a passenger sailing vessel, several changes of the owner and operation area.
- 1997 purchased by Natasja Groote and Martin Vogel, complete overhaul, since then she used the Baltic Sea as main sailing area, based in Kiel-Laboe, GER in the season and starts from Lemmer, NL in the pre- and post-season sailing the Baltic Sea and the Ijsselsea.
- 2007 another change of the ownership, owner changed in 2015/16: her utilisation concept is unchanged.
Last tracked position of the ship:
Map provided by FleetMon.com
Contact:Website (deutsch, 11 Apr 2021):
De Albertha: history and technical specification, photos, contact address, offers for sailing on board, sailing area
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Ein interaktives Informationssystem auf CD-ROM 1998
(2. überarbeitete Auflage)
Source with picture Source with technical data Quelle with contact
"Hanse Sail Rostock - Wo man sich begegnet"
Hanse Sail Verein Rostock e.V. 2005
Page: 68 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data