Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Albatros"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Yard:||Van Diepen, Waterhuizen, NL|
|Overall length:||28.30 m|
|Sail area:||250 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
|Engine:||4 Zyl. Glühschalenmotor|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 04 Apr 2022
- built in 1913 at the Van Diepen brothers shipyard in Waterhuizen/NL; registration as "Erna" in Nieder Ochtenhausen/GER.
- used from 1922 to 1970 in Hamburg/GER as a freight motor sailing ship, installation of a 36 hp HMG 2-cyl. hot bulb engine.
- 1938 installation of a more powerful 4 cyl. Schlueter pre-chamber diesel.
- 1950 and 1960 multiple extensions to increase the loading volume, last hull length 42 meters and use in the inland shipping.
- from 1970 to 1975 registered in Hamburg under the name "Möwe".
- 1975 decommissioned.
- 1979 dismantling according to old documents to original shipyard dimensions, rigged as a gaff ketch, renaming to "Albatros" with registration in Hamburg.
- from 1999 use as a traditional ship in the museum harbor in Greifswald/GER by a maritime circle of friends.