Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Emanuel af Nakskov"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Name:||Emanuel af Nakskov|
|Type of rigging:||KUTTER|
|Type of ship:||Jagt|
|Yard:||Rødvig Skibs- og Bådebyggeri, DK|
|Overall length:||17.19 m|
|Length (hull):||16.59 m|
|Sail area:||216 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 12 Jan 2022
- built in 1902 on Rødvig Skibs- og Bådebyggeri for shipowner and skipper L. Nielsen from Rødvig/DK based on the model of the "Fulvia af Anholt" (1898), rigging as a galeas.
- transport of cattle between Denmark and Norway until 1919.
- 1915 sold to H.P. Christensen, registration in Køge/DK.
- 1919 sold to Chr. V. Christensen, registration as a stone fishing ship under the number STF 10, rebuilt for this task and used including in Thyborøn/DK and in Øresund.
- 1921 installation of the first engine.
- after the death of the owner in 1956, taken over by son J.V.W. Christensen, registration in Rødvig/DK, used to transport stones, most recently in 1960 when the pier at Nexø on Bornholm was built, parked unused in the port then.
- several changes of ownership, registration in Copenhagen/DK 1956-57, finally a restoration started in Helsingør/DK, 1957-83 registered in Rødvig/DK.
- acquired by the Frederiksborg/DK district in 1978, some renovation work and then used as a storage ship by the social welfare institution Sølager near Lynæs/DK.
- dold to the owners Tina and Ulrik Larsen in Rødbyhavn in 2002, used for working with young people until 2012.
- owned by the Foundation Foreningen EMANUEL since 2012, which maintains the ship and operates her under sails as an active ship and part of the Danish cultural heritage, funded by Skibsbevaringsfonden (Danish Ship Conservation Fund) as a cultural monument since 2017.
Contact:Website (dansk, 17 Dec 2022):
Emanuel af Nakskov: detailed measurements, history, photos, schedules and contact by the supporting association