Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Bonawentura"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||MIR-ZOA, ARK16, WHEN137, WLA59|
|Type of ship:||Spreizgaffelketsch|
|Yard:||Stocznia Pólnocna, Gdansk, POL|
|Length (hull):||16.28 m|
|Sail area:||150 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 01 Jan 2022
- built 1948 at the shipyard Stocznia Pólnocna in Gdansk, POL as a fishing cutter.
- served in the fishery on the Baltic Sea until 1967.
- used as a tug in the port of Wladyslawowo, POL then until 1974.
- 1975 takeover by Captain Krzysztof Bussold, transport of the hull to the Academic Nautical Club marina (AZS-ZSP) in the Wisloujscie Fortress, begin of a rebuilding of the hull, which was delayed, launched again in 1986.
- 1991 transfer to Gdynia, 1992 construction of the rigging and stability test, completion of the reconstruction in 1994.
- sailing trips in the Baltic Sea, mainly in the Bay of Gdansk.
- takeover by the sailing agency "Blekitny Piotrus" at the end of 2009, another major overhaul by 2013 to prepare the ship for longer voyages on the Baltic Sea.
- since then several participation in sailing events in the Baltic Sea, including the Baltic Sail and Hanse Sail Rostock.