Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Ebba Aaen"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Type of ship:||Haikutter (Gaffelketsch)|
|Yard:||N.P. Jensen's Skibs & Badebyggeri, Esbjerg, DK|
|Length (hull):||17.85 m|
|Sail area:||90 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 01 May 2016
- built until 1931 at the shipyard N.P. Jensen's Badebyggeri in Esbjerg, DK with the number E 509 on order of Christian Mourits Jensen Aaen; sister ship is the "Dagmar Aaen" (E 510); commissioned in the Danish fishery by registration on 03/18/31 with the name "Ebba Aaen".
- 1959 fitted with an engine (6 cyl. Volvo Penta Diesel, 120 hp).
- 1954-72 owned and used by fisherman Klaus Christian Jensen, Esbjerg, DK.
- 1972-74 owned by C.E. Petersen, Hvide Sande, DK; name was "Irma" (RI 291).
- 1976 decommissioned from work and registration as leisure ship by Karls Ingolf Gustav Blomgren in Randers, DK; named the "Dres", general overhaul and new equipments, used unter sail and with auxiliary engine.
- 1998 taken over by the son Morten Karl Blomgren.
- 2005 sold to the architect Poul-Erik Clausen, Ebeltoft, DK; renamed the "Ebba Aaen" again.
- 2014 exchanged against the ship "Solvang" by Nis-Edwin List-Petersen who became the new owner, registration in Åbenrå, maintained and operated by the association Haikuttergilde as activ veteran sailing ship.