Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Margaretha BÜS39"
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Type of ship:||Finkenwerder Kutter, Gaffelketsch|
|Yard:||J. Behrens, Finkenwerder, GER|
|Overall length:||16.00 m|
|Length (hull):||12.82 m|
|Sail area:||120 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
|Engine:||MWM Diesel TD-226-6|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 26 Feb 2015
- built in 1911 at the shipyard Behrens in Hamburg Finkenwerder, GER; registerred as HF316; used in the fishery skippered by Joachim Heinrich Marwitz, registerred port was Hamburg Finkenwerder; fitted with a 8 hp hot bulb engine.
- since 1935 used by Karsten John Heinrich Marwitz in the fishery and registerred in Cuxhaven, GER; fitted with a 25 hp diesel engine.
- 1957 sold to Ernst August Hoffmann from Dorum, GER; registerred as DOR14.
- 1973 decommisssioned from the fishery, had several owners then who started to restore her as a traditional sailing craft and sved her from being scrapped, laid in museum habour of Lübeck for a distinct time.
- in July 2001 purchased by the museum habour of the city Büsum, moved to Büsum, GER.
- in August 2001 laid up in the Büsum shipyard R. Landberg, begin of an exhaustive overhaul and restoration until spring of 2002; equipped with a new engine; in May 2002 commissioned as an actively used veteran sailing ship in Büsum.
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Wilhelm Christian Karl Stammer
"HF - Die Finkenwärder Fischereiflotte"
Books on Demand, Hamburg 2002 ISBN: 3-8311-2927-4
(2. Überarbeitete und erweiterte Auflage)
Page: 100 Source with technical data