Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Ripple SS19"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of ship:||Cornish Lugger|
|Yard:||Henry Trevorrow, St Ives, GBR|
|Overall length:||13.35 m|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 17 Jul 2014
- built by Henry Trevorrow in St. Ives, GBR in 1896 and registered as SS19.
- installation of a 13hp engine in 1915.
- probably works on the hull (lengthening by 10ft) in around 1927 by Peake's of Newlyn and probably exchange and installation of new engines (2x26hp).
- fished under the ownership of the Barber family until 1933 when she had a serious engine fire below decks at Newlyn and then ceased fishing.
- used as a house-boat on the Fal estuary for Arthur and Ralph Tomlin moored at Porth Navas on the River Helford for 50 years.
- after three other owners she finally sank at her moorings in Penryn and was taken ashore.
- 2003 bought by John Lambourn and transported by road from Penryn to a site next to Cosalt at Newlyn.
- relaunched into the waters of Newlyn harbour in October 2007 after four years of restoration work.