Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Mab er Guip"
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Name:||Mab er Guip|
|Base port:||Port-Anna, Séné|
|Type of ship:||Sinagot|
|Yard:||Chantier du Guip, Ile aux Moines, FRA|
|Overall length:||14.50 m|
|Length (hull):||10.60 m|
|Sail area:||85 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 17 Jul 2014
- built in 1985 as replica of the boat "Vainqueur des Jaloux" (Sinagot, 1933) by Paul Bonnel and Yann Mauffret at the shipyard Chantier du Guip on Ile aux Moines, FRA.
- 1992 sold to the touristic association L.V.T. (Loisirs Vacances Tourisme), used for touristic purposes in the Gulf of Morbihan, 2010 offered for sale.
- 2011 purchased by the association "Les Amis du Sinagot".
- maintenance and operation by the members of the association, presentation at maritime events, like the Semaine du Golfe in the Gulf of Morbihan
- name "Mab er Guip" (engl. "child of Guip") in relation to the shipyard, where traditional French sailing boats are built and restored.
Contact:Website (français, 14 Dec 2022):
Mab er Guip: website of the supporting association, photos and basic history