Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Joli Vent"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||Sthenurus, Vent de plume|
|Base port:||Port-Anna, Séné|
|Type of ship:||Sinagot|
|Yard:||Armand Thomas, Vannes, FRA|
|Overall length:||11.30 m|
|Length (hull):||11.30 m|
|Sail area:||102 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 17 Jul 2014
- ordered in 1954, completion until 1958 by shipbuilder Armand Thomas in Vannes, FRA for the first owner Peyratout, hull of a Sinagot but rigged as cutter; usage for leisure time and recreation.
- 1977 sold to Asili Gérard, renamed the "Sthenhurus".
- 1980 purchased by owners Blomen, Schneider and Piriou, rigged as schooner.
- 1982 sold to Jean-Luc Bodet, rigged as ketch, renamed the "Joli Vent" again.
- 1999 purchased by Lucas Serge, renamed the "Vent de plume".
- 2006 the association "Les Amis du Sinagot" purchased the rests of the hull.
- 2007-2009 restoration under the leadership of Paul Bonnel at the shipyard Chantier du Guip on Ile aux Moines as Sinagot with the suitable rigging of this type of boat.
- maintenance and operation by the members of the association, presentation at maritime events, like the Semaine du Golfe in the Gulf of Morbihan