Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Santa Maria Manuela"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Name:||Santa Maria Manuela|
|Type of rigging:||4-MAST-SCHONER|
|Yard:||Estaleiros Navais de Lisboa, Cia. Uniao Fabril, Lisboa, PO|
|Overall length:||68.64 m|
|Length (hull):||62.64 m|
|Sail area:||1130 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 12 Feb 2012
- built 1937 together with her sister ship "Creoula" at the Estaleiro shipyard in Lisbon, PO within 62 days.
- use at the Grand Banks in the fishery for cod, operator until 1963 was Empresa de Pesca de Viana, 1963 sold to Empresa de Pesca Ribau from Aveiro, PO.
- technological overhaul caused by innovations in the fishery on the end of the 1960s.
- 1993 decommissioning, until 2007 removal of all equippment and installations, intended to be scrapped.
- 2007 bought by the shipping company Pascoal & Filhos S.A., begin of the restoration as sailtraining ship.
- in May 2010 commissioned as civil sailtraining ship offering training and education, participation in STI Races and visit of sailing events in Western Europe.