Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Santa Maria Manuela"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Name:||Santa Maria Manuela|
|Type of rigging:||4-MAST-SCHONER|
|Yard:||Estaleiros Navais de Lisboa, Cia. Uniao Fabril, Lisboa, PO|
|Overall length:||68.64 m|
|Length (hull):||62.64 m|
|Sail area:||1130 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 21 Aug 2022
- built 1937 together with her sister ship "Creoula" at the Estaleiro shipyard in Lisbon, PO within 62 days.
- use at the Grand Banks in the fishery for cod, operator until 1963 was Empresa de Pesca de Viana, 1963 sold to Empresa de Pesca Ribau from Aveiro, PO.
- technological overhaul caused by innovations in the fishery on the end of the 1960s.
- 1993 decommissioning, until 2007 removal of all equippment and installations, intended to be scrapped.
- 2007 bought by the shipping company Pascoal & Filhos S.A., begin of the restoration as sailtraining ship.
- in May 2010 commissioned as civil sailtraining ship offering training and education, participation in STI Races and visit of sailing events in Western Europe.
- in 2018 host ship to a scientific and environmental expedition around the Azores Archipelago in partnership with the Ocean Azul Foundation and others, since about then she offers eco voyages cruise trips in combination of education about sea-life at the Portuguese coasts.
Last tracked position of the ship:
Map provided by FleetMon.com
Contact:Website (portugueis/English, 21 Aug 2022):
Santa Maria Manuela: specification and history of the ship, information about her sailing voyages and use, photos, news, offers for cruising and edicational trips, contact