Ship profile for the sailing ship: "FZ110 Fortuna"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Type of ship:||Flunderboot|
|Yard:||Christian Jarling Werft, Freest, GER|
|Overall length:||18.00 m|
|Length (hull):||12.38 m|
|Sail area:||90 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
|Engine:||4 Zyl. Volvo Penta Diesel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 06 Dec 2014
- built 1910 at the Jarling shipyard in Freest, GER for the local fishery.
- 1985 found wrecked at a yard in Tönning, GER; salvaged and transported to Flensburg, GER; restoration at the museum shipyard between 2000 and 2007 using documents of the building shipyard.
- 2007 involvement in the film project "Ein Platz für Helden - Ein Schiff für Flensburg" (A place for heros - a ship for Flensburg), a broadcast in the German TV showing the restoration of the boat by eight teenagers at the age between 14 and 16 supervised by professional ship carpenters.
- given to the association Kinder- und Jugendhilfe Verband e.V., used for sailing and maintained by young people and families.
- after a time of missing maintainance purchased by U. Grünberg from Rostock, GER in October 2013, brought into the shipyard Rammin in Barth, GER, where she was refurbished in general; new homeport is Bodstedt, GER; registerred as FZ110 "Fortuna"; first sailing trip after renovation was in Sept. 2014 participating the 50th Großen Bodstedter Zeesbootregatta.