Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Olga von Skagen"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Name:||Olga von Skagen|
|Type of rigging:||KUTTER|
|Type of ship:||Haikutter|
|Yard:||Jens Peter Nipper, Skagen, DK|
|Overall length:||19.80 m|
|Length (hull):||13.70 m|
|Sail area:||125 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
|Engine:||6 Zyl. Scania Vabis Diesel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 21 Feb 2014
- built 1919 by Nippers, Skagen, DK; registered in Hanstholm for Ch. Petersen from Skagen, used in the fishery in the North Sea and Baltic Sea, first name was "Olga".
- reconstructions 1980-84 at the Ebsen shipyard, Brunsbüttel, GER; interior by the shipyard Hattecke, Freiburg, GER; renamed the "Ligouban".
- further restoration 2006-2008 by the Christian Jonsson Skibs- u. Bådebyggeri, Ergernsund, DK; renamed the "Olga von Skagen".
- used for sail training and team building by members of the association "Olga von Skagen" e.V.
- lost in September 2013 close to Hirtshals, DK on a trip to Norway, the crew was rescued.