Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Corbeau des Mers AY1684"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Name:||Corbeau des Mers AY1684|
|Type of rigging:||KUTTER|
|Type of ship:||Sloop Langoustier|
|Yard:||Belbeoc'h, Crozon, FRA|
|Overall length:||14.00 m|
|Length (hull):||11.45 m|
|Sail area:||100 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 30 Jan 2014
- 1931 built at the shipyard Belbeoc'h, Crozon, FRA for Pierre Cuillandre from the island Ile du Sein, specialised to fish for crawfish, initially used until 1940.
- gained her publicity in the battle of the restistance against the German occupation in WW II.
- used in the fishery then until 1954 operated by Pierre Cuillandre, later until 1957 under his son Jean-Noël Cuillandre and again for the father until 1960.
- 1960 sold and from now on used as pleisure boat.
- since February 1982 she is the property of the Musée de la Résistance Bretonne in St. Marcel - Malestroit, FRA.
- restoration 1987-88, 1991 admission to the list of historically important monuments of France.
- further restoration in 1997.
- used for sail training and active maintenance of maritime traditions, presented at sailing festivals of the region.
- 2013/14 appeal to collect money for a necessary general overhaul, repairs and general overhaul are planed to be performed in Lorient, FRA.
- name "Corbeu des Mers" means sea raven.
Contact:Website (français, 25 Mar 2021):
Corbeau des mers: basic information, history, photos, videos