Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Saint Guénolé BR6773"

Photos of the sailing ship:

Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.

Saint Guénolé BR6773, Volker Gries, Brest/Douarnenez 2004 , 07/2004

Source, location, date:
Volker Gries,
Brest/Douarnenez 2004,
07/2004

Saint Guénolé BR6773, Volker Gries, Les Tonnerres de Brest 2012 , 07/2012

Source, location, date:
Volker Gries,
Les Tonnerres de Brest 2012,
07/2012

Saint Guénolé BR6773, Volker Gries, Les Tonnerres de Brest 2012 , 07/2012

Source, location, date:
Volker Gries,
Les Tonnerres de Brest 2012,
07/2012

Saint Guénolé BR6773, Volker Gries, Les Tonnerres de Brest 2012 , 07/2012

Source, location, date:
Volker Gries,
Les Tonnerres de Brest 2012,
07/2012

Saint Guénolé BR6773, Volker Gries, Sail Brest 2016 , 07/2016

Source, location, date:
Volker Gries,
Sail Brest 2016,
07/2016

Saint Guénolé BR6773, Volker Gries, Sail Brest 2016 , 07/2016

Source, location, date:
Volker Gries,
Sail Brest 2016,
07/2016

Saint Guénolé BR6773, Volker Gries, Sail Brest 2016 , 07/2016

Source, location, date:
Volker Gries,
Sail Brest 2016,
07/2016

Videos with the sailing ship:

Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.

Technical data of the sailing ship:

Name:Saint Guénolé BR6773
Registered port:Plougastel
Nation:FRA
Type of rigging:SLUP
Type of ship:Sloop Coquillier
Year built:1948
Yard:Victor Belbeoc'h, Le Fret, FRA
Length (hull):11.22 m
Breadth:4.12 m
Draught:1.88 m
Sail area:135 m2
Ship's hull:Holz / Wood

Portrait of the sailing ship:

Last update: 07 Feb 2010

  • 1948 built at the shipyard Victor Belbeoc'h, Le Fret, FRA for the Laurent brothers from Keramenez, FRA; for 14 years used in the fishery of scallops and oysters.
  • since 1952 fitted with an engine, decommissioned in 1962.
  • 1965 purchased by Paul Cornillet, used for private trips and as living boat at the river Trieux next to Lézardrieux.
  • 1979 used by the school Ecole de Mer du Trégor for sailtraining on a traditionally rigged boat, after the death of Paul Cornillet the school bought the boat in 1988 and initiated a general overhaul and restoration to her original appearence at the shipyard Yvon Clochet Treguier.
  • 1994 bought by the town Morangis and later Lézardrieux, FRA; in 2003 bought by the town Plougastel-Daoulas, operated by the nearby sailing centre Centre Nautique Armorique, used as active traditional sailing boat and presented at local sailing events.