Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Hoffnung"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KUTTER|
|Type of ship:||Pommersche Jagt|
|Yard:||Gbr. Münter, Anklam, GER|
|Overall length:||27.00 m|
|Length (hull):||17.36 m|
|Ship's hull:||Eisen / Iron|
|Engine:||6 Zyl. Deutz|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 02 Jan 2022
- built 1919 in the iron foundry, machine factory and shipyard of the Münter brothers in Anklam, GER for Otto Hopp from Kuhle (peninsula Wittow), GER; Used to transport goods and grain between Kuhle and Stralsund, GER until about 1930.
- 1930-41 transport of bulk cargo (mainly coal) for new owner Hermann Blankenburg, Sellin, GER.
- change of the owner, Karl Oppermann took the ship from Hermann Blankenburg, a wooden rudder house on deck was built, reduction of the rigging at about 1941.
- 1956 purchased by the shipping company of the island Hiddensee, building of a steel deck house.
- 1956-1990 general cargo vessel between Stralsund, GER and the island Hiddensee.
- 1992 bought by Rolf Reeckmann, begin of a perennial reconstruction starting with the pitting of the hull and removal of the deck house.
- 2004 taken by Reinhard Bach, restoration and reconstruction as a Pommersche Jagt, the ship is considered as the last Pommersche Jagt still existing, since 2008 she sails again at the German Baltic Sea coast operated by the not-profit organisation Pommersche Jagt "Hoffnung" e.V.