Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Weisse Düne"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||Neerlandia, Johann, Klara Katharina|
|Base port:||Greifswald, Wolgast|
|Type of rigging:||TOPPSEGELSCHONER|
|Type of ship:||2-Mast Schoneraak|
|Overall length:||46.00 m|
|Length (hull):||37.64 m|
|Sail area:||435 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
|Engine:||6-Zyl. Deutz 6M716|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 25 Jul 2013
- launched 1909 in Meppel, NL; used as freighter under the name "Klara Katharina", until 1942 under sails.
- 1942 fitted with a diesel engine.
- sunk in a storm in the Dollart waters off Delfzijl, NL.
- after salvage the skipper became Karl Funk until 2000.
- lenghtening of the hull in 1964.
- 2000 rebuilding and conversion into a luxuary sailing ship for charter trips by Lex Tichelaar, Harlingen, NL; used in the charter business since 2001 with Leer, GER as baseport, sailing area were the Dutch mudflats until 2003.
- since April 2004 operated by the Usedomer Schifffahrts und Touristikgesellschaft based in Wolgast, GER.
- change of flag and homeport to Groningen, NL.
- since June 2011 owned and operated by Capt. Jane Bothe and her family, sails in the waters of Western Pommerania.
Contact:Website (deutsch, 25 Jul 2013):
Weisse Düne: charter information, photos and history