Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Koh-i-Noor"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||Hela, Helios, Hans Peter, Petrus|
|Type of rigging:||TOPPSEGELSCHONER|
|Yard:||Johannes Thormählen & Co. Elmshorn, GER|
|Overall length:||37.00 m|
|Length (hull):||27.00 m|
|Sail area:||540 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 01 Nov 2007
- built 1909 as coastal freighter for the Baltic Sea, first name "Hela", registered in Hamburg, GER until 1930.
- 1930 sold to Svendborg, DK.
- 1942-1949 registered in Aalborg, DK; renamed the "Helios".
- 1949 stranded on Själlands Odde, DK in a blizzard, after salvage reuilt and converted in a motor coaster, used as stone fisher until 1972 with changing homeports in Denmark (until 1952 Aerosköbing, until 1958 Aalborg, until 1966 Skive), named the "Hans Peter" during this time.
- since 1966 new name "Petrus", registered in Næstved, DK.
- 1994 sold to Holland, rebuilt and converted in a luxuary passenger sailing ship, rigged as topsail schooner, 1997 fitted with a keel, renamed the "Koh-i-Noor" (Persian "Mountain of Light", a diamant of the English crown jewels).
- used in the charter business in Dutch coastal waters.
Contact:Website (nederlands, 07 Oct 2007):
Koh-i-Noor: website with basic information about the ship and photos, charter information
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
"Die letzten grossen Segelschiffe"
Delius Klasing Verlag 2002 ISBN: 3-7688-0483-6
(10. aktualisierte und erweiterte Auflage)
Page: 255 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data