Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Joanna Saturna"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||VL 74, Marie, Ran, Fjordsand|
|Type of rigging:||SCHONER|
|Yard:||Gebr. Van der Windt, De Hoop Schiffsdock, Vlaardingen, NL|
|Sail area:||420 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
|Engine:||Sisu Diesel 645|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 03 Feb 2007
- 1903 built as herring logger by the brothers Van der Windt in the De Hoop dock in Vlaardingen, NL; launched May 30, 1903.
- first owner J.H. Warneke, Den Haag, NL; first name "Joanna Saturna" and registered in Vlaardingen under number VL74, used in the fishery skippered by Capt. Leendert Hoogendijk.
- August 25, 1927 sold to B.Heinecke, Hamburg, GER; converted to a freighter with auxiliary engine (30 hp Deutsche Werke), renamend the "Marie" in 1928.
- March 5, 1931 sold to Jakob M. Witt, Finkenwärder, GER.
- January 11, 1955 sold to Arnfinn Nodevik, Haugesund, NOR; renamed in "Ran", fitted with a new engine (90 hp Wichmann).
- 1958 purchased by Aanen and Theodor Mörkedal, Mandal, NOR.
- 1966 sold to Hans Invaldsen, Haugesund, NOR.
- 1968 sold to Raider Iden.
- 1976 purchased by Daniel Veda, Bergen, NOR; installation of a new engine (350 hp MTU), used to transport of sand.
- 1996-2000 owned by Einar Hernar, Oslo, NOR; new name "Fjordsand".
- February 2000 purchased by Mikko Karvonen, Helsinki, FIN, when the skipper Einar Hernar got pensioner, moved from Bergen to Helsinki in June 2000.
- 2003 renamed the "Joanna Saturna" on the occasion of the 100 years anniversary.
- since 2005 after long overhaul and refitting she sails again now in the charter business with sailing guests in the Baltic Sea.
- participation in sailing ship events, i.e. Kiel 2006, Rostock 2006.