Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Lys Noir"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||YAWL|
|Yard:||Barrière, Arcachon, FRA|
|Overall length:||24.00 m|
|Length (hull):||17.00 m|
|Sail area:||250 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 16 May 2021
- begin of her building was 1914 at the shipyard of Barrière in Arcachon, FRA, completed after the World War I in 1926, christened the "Océanic" and used as private yacht.
- 1965 taken over by M. Gebhardt and M. Redy from Granville, renamed the "Lys Noir", charter yacht in the Mediterranean.
- 1972 after a short overhaul in Lissabon, POR sailed to Granville, FRA by new owners, until 1982 operated by an owner community in the Bay of Mont St. Michel.
- new owners frpm Paris tried to restore her what failed.
- 1990-92 restoration work at the shipyard Anfray in Granville, FRA by new owners Alain Lainé and Claire Vaillant.
- 2011 purchased by Michel Diss, operated by the association "Mer Voile Pêche" from Granville.
- 2014 purchased by Emilia Hole, operated by the Lys Noir Association from Granville with skipper Jeremy Le Squer and since spring 2021 Yoann Pageaud at the helm.
- participation in the sailing festival in Brest 1992, 2004, 2008 and 2012.
- used in the charter business today sailing in the English Channel along the coast of Brittany, the islands and English southern coast.