Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Belle de Vilaine"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Name:||Belle de Vilaine|
|Type of ship:||Chaloupe de Billiers|
|Yard:||Chantier Pradelle, Le Croisic, FRA|
|Length (hull):||9.88 m|
|Sail area:||97 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 02 May 2021
- reconstruction of a Chaloupe (French traditional boat type) of 1887 built and launched in the habour of Billiers in May 1994 initiated by the competition "Bateaux de côtes de France".
- boats of this type have been used for fishing in this region between 1820-1930.
- operated by the association "Traditional Voiles en Baie de Vilaine" in Muzillac, FRA.
- since 2007 registered as boat of heritage (BIP - Bateau d'intérêt patrimonial) of the association Fondation du patrimoine maritime et fluvial.
- offers daytrip sailing and participates in maritime events in the region (Brest, Douarnenez, Golfe du Morbihan).
- 2017-2021 overhaul working at the boat.
Contact:Website (français, 02 May 2021):
Belle de Vilaine: website of the operator, information about the association and how to come on board, photos, contact, news