Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Fortuna"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Type of ship:||Friesischer Maatkast|
|Yard:||C. van Dongen, Zaandam, NL|
|Overall length:||39.50 m|
|Sail area:||425 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 01 Nov 1999
- 1909 built at the shipyard C. van Dongen in Zaandam, NL, as a sailing freighter with 1 mast
- 1937 sold to Warsingfehn, Germany and equipped with an engine, in the beginning of the 1960s converted to a motor coaster with modern engine under the supervision of the Germanischen Lloyd and the Sea Professional Co-operative Society (See-Berufsgenossenschaft), used as a cargo vessel until the 1970s, supply of the Frisian islands
- 1980 change of the owner, Mr. B. Bunk from Juist saved her from being scrapped, 1980-84 rebuilt to a cruising vessel, rigged as a ketch,
- since 1985 used as a sailing seminar room and training ship for groups, sailing area 1985-86 was the Germand and Dutch coast of the North Sea including the Ijsselsea, since 1987 in the western Baltic Sea along the German coast or Danish South up to south Sweden or Poland
- since 1992 managed by the Mignon - Segelschiffahrt association from Hamburg, they promote integrative and therapeutical attendance and education of handicaped young people
- sails from May through September in the Baltic Sea, Danish islands, South Sweden, Poland
- participation on many sailing events in the Baltic Sea like the annual Hanse Sail Rostock
Last tracked position of the ship:
Map provided by FleetMon.com
Contact:Website (deutsch, 07 Mar 2021):
Segelschiff Fortuna: the history, technical specification and contact address, activities of the operator
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Ein interaktives Informationssystem auf CD-ROM 1998
(2. überarbeitete Auflage)
Source with picture Source with technical data Quelle with contact
"Hanse Sail Rostock - Wo man sich begegnet"
Hanse Sail Verein Rostock e.V. 2005
Page: 82 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data