Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Rigmor"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||No.5, Treue, Hanna, Anna Christine, St. Fernande, Tvende Broedere|
|Type of rigging:||KUTTER|
|Type of ship:||Zollkreuzer|
|Yard:||Johann Paul Schröder, Glückstadt, GER|
|Overall length:||21.25 m|
|Length (hull):||15.90 m|
|Sail area:||129 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 29 Sep 2002
- built 1853 at the shipyard Johann Paul Schröder in Glückstadt on the river Elbe as customs boat No.5, used by the Royal Danish Customs Supervision on the north frisian coast next to the island Amrum.
- in June 1865 sold on a public auction in Wyk, the former captain of the "Rigmor" G.J. Matzen became the owner and converted her into a freight carrying sailing vessel, renamed the "Treue", used to transport oysters between the islands and the mainland.
- 1874 sold to C.K. Thygesen from Ribe, DK, used as freighter "Hanna", 1885 moved to Egernsund and renamed the "Anna Christine".
- 1887 purchased by C.K. Berg, Heils, renamed the "St. Fernande" and used as a freighter
- 1911 sold to P.P. Skag from Kolding, DK, renamed the "Tvende Broedere", 1916 purchased by Hans-Peter Christoffersen from Vejle, ship's name remained the same.
- 1919 bought by Christen Christensen, converted into a stone fishing vessel, her new name became "Rigmor", 1921-23 owned by A.K.Tingskov from Aarhus, after this she became property of P.M. Christiansen from Horsens until 1954 and of E. Olesen from Espergaerde until 1985, decommissioned 1984.
- 1985-87 H. Barsballe from Hundestedt was the owner and used her as leisure boat, 1987-92 she was the property of T.K. Brooks from Hellerup.
- 1992 return to Glückstadt, GER and restored on the initiative of a promotional group, restoration of the hull at the shipyard Erich Dawartz in Tönning, restoration was completed in a museum shipyard in Elmshorn between May 1999 and March 2001 sponsored by a government grant for educating young people.
- the promotional association "Rigmor von Glückstadt" e.V. is responsable for maintenance and operates the ship, "Rigmor" offers sailing trips for guests on the river Elbe and in the North and Baltic Seas.
Last tracked position of the ship:
Map provided by FleetMon.com
Contact:Website (deutsch, 17 May 2021):
Rigmor: introduction of the ship and operator with graphics and photos, history and restoring, offers to sail on board, contact address
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Mitteilungsblatt der Freunde des Gaffelriggs
Page: 10-11 Source with picture Source with history
"Ein ausgezeichnetes Schiff - Rigmor von Glückstadt"