Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Katurah"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||YAWL|
|Type of ship:||Fiskebåd, Gaffelyawl|
|Yard:||E.Petersen, Fårø, SWE|
|Overall length:||8.80 m|
|Length (hull):||7.80 m|
|Sail area:||44 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 15 Feb 2022
- built by pilot master Erik Petersen, Fårö, Gotland, SWE in an educational programme for pilots between 1972-1974.
- used for private purposes by Erik Petersen.
- sold to England, sold to Hamburg, GER on the end of the 1980s, later moved to Orth on Fehmarn, GER.
- 2002 bought by Heiko Wissinger, until 2005 sailing trips in the near region.
- 2006 voyage to Visby, Gotland, SWE.
- 2007-11 shorter voyages in the Southern Baltic Sea.
- name "Katurah" according to the 2nd wife of prophet Mose (biblical tradition) and the former name of a ship's boy (nickname of first owner).
- managed by the Museumshafen Heiligenhafen for a while after the owner's death, after takeover by a new owner, extensive renovations from approx. 2017, should be put back into operation under a new name after the redesign.