Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Meander"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||HF499 Anna Woldmann, Nordstern II|
|Type of rigging:||STAGSEGELSCHONER|
|Yard:||Rancke, Neuenfelde, GER|
|Length (hull):||22.91 m|
|Sail area:||350 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 26 Dec 2009
- built in Germany at a shipyard in Hamburg Finkenwerder as a fishing cutter in 1949, christened the "Anna Woldmann" and registered as HF499, fished in the North Sea, owner was Karl August Woldmann.
- 1971 renamed the "Nordstern II".
- 1989 sold to H.R. Joel.
- since 1991 used as a charter vessel for cruising with sailing guests.
- since 1997 owned by Gerrit van der Veer and Ingela Abbing, voyages to Scandinavian waters in the Batic Sea, to Denmark and Sweden, in Sept. 1998 start of a voyage to Ushuaia in Argentina, organisation of 4-weeks voyages, visit to South Georgia in the Antarctic and the Falkland Islands, where she spent the winter, in Dec. 1999 to March 2000 further visits to the Antarctic, before she returned to Argentina, traveled to Rio de Janeiro, Grenada, British Virgin Islands, the Bahamas, North Carolina and New York, the Azores and via England to Holland
- ship fulfills the requirements of safety by the Dutch inspection authorities, new interior was fitted in winter 2000-01.
- sold in March 2007, private use only.
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Heinz Linde, Willi Luther, Willy Mohr
"Seefischerei - Die Männer und Kutter von Finkenwerder"
Urbes Verlag 1997 ISBN: 3-924896-37-2
Page: 115 Source with picture Source with technical data
(Kurzinformation im Register)
"Hanse Sail Rostock - Wo man sich begegnet"
Hanse Sail Verein Rostock e.V. 2005
Page: 138 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data
Wilhelm Christian Karl Stammer
"HF - Die Finkenwärder Fischereiflotte"
Books on Demand, Hamburg 2002 ISBN: 3-8311-2927-4
(2. Überarbeitete und erweiterte Auflage)
Page: 183 Source with history Source with technical data