Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Artemis"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||Pol II, Emanuel, Lister|
|Type of rigging:||BARK|
|Yard:||Nylands Verksted, Oslo, NOR|
|Overall length:||59.00 m|
|Length (hull):||42.00 m|
|Sail area:||1050 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 15 Mar 2002
- former whaler, built at Nylands Mekaniske Verksted, Oslo, NOR, in 1926 registered as "Pol II" (among other a sister ship of the "Pol IV", today "Stedemaeght"), used as whaler until the 1940s in northern and southern Arctic waters, Bering Sea, fitted with a steam engine and two auxiliary masts, homeport in Oslo, Norway.
- sold to Sweden, 1948 converted to a freighter at Sölvesborg shipyard, named the "Lister" in that time.
- 1951 lenghtened in Wilhelmshaven by 2 metre to 40,93 metre, 1962 the wooden rudder house was replaced by a steel construction and the ship was fitted with double grounds and side walls to enable the transport of scrap metal.
- 1967 purchased by Rederij Grube from Marstal, used until 1998 in the tramp navigation between Asia, South America and Scandinavia, homeport in Marstal, Denmark.
- 1998 purchased by the Bruinsma brothers, conversion to a bark for luxuary voyages with passengers, opened for the public during the Hamburg port festival in April 2001, certified for world-wide voyages.
- offers luxuary accomodations and equippments like central heating, air-conditioning, deckhouse, electrical winches and exclusive catering for sailing experiencies between nostalgia and luxury.
Last tracked position of the ship:
Map provided by FleetMon.com
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
"Die letzten grossen Segelschiffe"
Delius Klasing Verlag 2002 ISBN: 3-7688-0483-6
(10. aktualisierte und erweiterte Auflage)
Page: 237 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data
"Hanse Sail Rostock - Wo man sich begegnet"
Hanse Sail Verein Rostock e.V. 2005
Page: 36,37 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data