Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Anna Møller"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||GALEASSE|
|Yard:||P. Larsens Shipyard, Randers, DK|
|Length (hull):||19.70 m|
|Sail area:||220 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 02 Jan 2001
- launched 1906 under the name "Esther" at the shipyard P. Larsens in Randers, used to transport goods and lumber for the shipowner M. Sörensen (island Langeland)
- 1922 fitted with an auxiliary engine and a decks house
- 1946 collision with another galeasse, repaired and rigged as a yacht with one mast (cutter rig), fitted with another and more powerful engine
- 1969 decommissioned, laid up in Rydkøbing, several changes of the owner
- 1975 bought by A.P. Møller who change the name for his mother "Anna Møller"
- given to the Danish National Museum, to make it open for the public as a museum vessel, reconstruction to her appearance from 1906 after available drawings, from 1976 she is registed in Nyhavn/Kopenhagen as and active veteran sailing ship
Contact:Website (dansk, 21 Dec 2000):
Anna Møller: about her history, the main technical data, contact info, a photo and some sketches
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
"Maritime Oldtimer, Museumsschiffe aus 4 Jahrhunderten"
Edition Leipzig 1986
Page: 58 Source with history Source with technical data