Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Lille Bjørn"
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||Irene, Frau Wirtin, Helena, Irene von Skærbæk|
|Type of rigging:||KUTTER|
|Type of ship:||Colin Archer, Gaffelkutter, Fiskerbåd|
|Yard:||C. N. Lautrup, Kopenhagen, DK|
|Length (hull):||14.50 m|
|Sail area:||86 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 30 Oct 2004
- built at the shipyard C.N. Lautrup in Copenhagen as a yacht in 1896
- 1920 sold to a fisherman, who converted her to a fishing-boat, used in the Baltic Sea (Kattegat), homeport was Aarhus/DK, registry number A S 22
- 1929 sold to another fisherman from Skærbæk, 1942 fitted with her first engine, 1948 Beschädigung caused by a sea mine, fishermen lost their lives, the ship could be repaired
- 1949 sold to other owners, after that sold again to Årøsund
- decommissioned from the fishery in the beginnung of the 1960s, sold to Hamburg/GER, general overhaul and conversion, renamed to "Frau Wirtin"
- 1980 purchased by new owners who have to restore the ship, renamed to "Helena", homeport was Ditzum/Ems
- 1984 purchased by new owners from Oldenburg/GER, renamed to "Irene"
- 2002 purchased by K. Klapp and T. Krüger from Rostock, renamed the "Lille Bjørn', after some overhaul they sailed a longer voyage in the Baltic Sea 2004, privately used.
Contact:Website (deutsch, 20 Jan 2011):
Lille Bjørn: website of current owners, history, photos, contact
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
"Hanse Sail Rostock - Wo man sich begegnet"
Hanse Sail Verein Rostock e.V. 2005
Page: 126 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data