Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Hoop op Welvaart"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Name:||Hoop op Welvaart|
|Type of rigging:||TJALK|
|Type of ship:||Boeierschuit|
|Yard:||Van Duijvendijk, Lekkerkerk, NL|
|Length (hull):||13.00 m|
|Sail area:||140 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
|Engine:||Mercedes DB OM 616|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 27 Jan 2007
- completed at the shipyard Van Duijvendijk, in Lekkerkerk near Rotterdam in January 1883, used by the brothers Hoogenboezern as a freighter for a feeding service between Lekkerkerk and Rotterdam.
- 1912 given to the son Dirk Hoogenboezern, home port remain Lekkerkerk for the following 20 years.
- 1943 sold to A.C. Gordeau and M. Gek from Rotterdam, renamed to "Vier Gebroeders", her further history is unknown.
- 1977 found by J. Kaiser in Hamburg Billwerder, because of numbers engraved in the hull is was possible to get original documents from the Dutch measurement archiv to restore her.
- restore during 1978-79 and 1991-94.
Contact:Website (deutsch, 28 Feb 2011):
Hoop op Welvaart: her history and technical specification, a photo