Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Omi Alma"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KUTTER|
|Type of ship:||Bornholmer Lachskutter|
|Yard:||A. Nielson, Kerteminde, DK|
|Overall length:||13.60 m|
|Length (hull):||10.60 m|
|Sail area:||115 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
|Engine:||Mercedes OM 312|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 06 Mar 2021
- built 1928 using drawings of a cutter from the island Bornholm, DK on order of a retired captain who used her as private yacht.
- later bought by Danish fishermen and rebuilt for the use in the fishery, equipped with an engine, in commission until about 1985.
- after decommissioning bought by a Danish owner group, reconstruction to her original appearance as a yacht for leisure purposes.
- meanwhile homeported in Heiligenhafen, GER; 2009 purchased by the German shiplover Manfred Müller who continued to reconstruct her, registered in Wismar, GER; privately used.
- renamed the "Omi Alma".
- repairs at the hull in November 2017.
Contact:Website (français, 06 Mar 2021):
Omi Alma: Ralentir et partager en mer, main information about the ships, photos of voyages