Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Qualle"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||Jachara, Godeke Michels|
|Type of rigging:||STAGSEGELSCHONER|
|Yard:||Kalamata, Peloponnes, GRE|
|Overall length:||25.00 m|
|Length (hull):||17.50 m|
|Sail area:||280 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 30 Jan 2014
- she is a former freighter, used in the Mediterranean for dredging sponge and shell.
- built 1930/31 in Greece in Kalamata at the Pelepones.
- 1974 restored by German enthusiasts Hagen Weihe and Dieter Grote at Rhodos, originally rigged as cutter.
- 1976 sold to Germany and used by the Jugenddorf des Diakonischen Werks in Rendsburg as "Jachara", rebuilt at the Krögerwerft, rigged as schooner with a Bermuda rig.
- after a few years sold to an owner group from Bremen, GER; used under the name "Godeke Michels" for sailing in sparetime.
- 1988 purchased and restored again by Bernhard Tews, privately used and used for trips with guests, based in Wismar/GER, mainly sails the Baltic Sea.
- 1998 the hull is covered with concrete.
- 2003/04 rebuilding and renewal of the deck.
- 2005 renewal of the interior.
Last tracked position of the ship:
Map provided by FleetMon.com
Contact:Website (deutsch, 12 Jun 2001):
Holyday on board the sailing ship Qualle: website about the ship with many photos and offers, contact address and technical as well as some historical description
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
"Hanse Sail Rostock - Wo man sich begegnet"
Hanse Sail Verein Rostock e.V. 2005
Page: 150 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data