Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Vliegende Hollander"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||Ouderentrouw, Martha, Fatum Ferenda|
|Registered port:||Lemmer, Spakenburg|
|Type of rigging:||TOPPSEGELSCHONER|
|Overall length:||39.85 m|
|Sail area:||540 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 03 Oct 2000
- the clipper was built as "Ouderentrouw" in 1892, the following owner called her "Martha", she is a big freighting ship for that time
- fitted with an engine to stay able to compete newer ship without sails
- used under the name "Fatum Ferenda" most at rivers until 1995
- 1996 she was recognized by the new owner in the port of Amsterdam, they started to rebuild the former freighter to a ship sailing with passengers
- sailing area ist the Ijssel Sea and the Dutch mud-flats as well as the German coast
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
"Die letzten grossen Segelschiffe"
Delius Klasing Verlag 2002 ISBN: 3-7688-0483-6
(10. aktualisierte und erweiterte Auflage)
Page: 277 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data