Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Ejno"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KUTTER|
|Type of ship:||Lodsbåd|
|Yard:||H.V.Buhl's Værft, Frederikshavn, DK|
|Length (hull):||9.60 m|
|Sail area:||50 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 11 Mar 2014
- built in 1898 at the shipyard H.V.Buhl's Værft in Frederikshavn, DK for pilot services in Slipshavn in Nyborg as a sailing ship without engine, first name "Nyborg".
- 1906 fitted with the first engine (8 hp).
- 1920 overhaul in a shipyard, change of the engine (Hera, 7 hp).
- 1927 installation of a new wheel house and several other rebuildings.
- 1932 change of the engien (20/25 hp Vølund hot bulb engine).
- 1938 installation of an electrical light system.
- 1950 sold to the pilots of Rudkøbing, renamed the "Ejno".
- 1957 change of the engine (30 hp Bukh diesel).
- 1959 installation of a radio communication system.
- 1965 change of the engine (40 hp Bukh diesel)
- 1991 sold to the association "Sejlskibsforeningen EJNO under sejl" and restoration to her original appearance.
- 2002 change of the engine (48 hp Lombardini).
- 2011 repairs at the deck house.
Contact:Website (dansk, 13 Feb 2014):
Ejno: information about the ship and the operating association, many pictures, contact