Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Freja"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KUTTER|
|Type of ship:||Jagt|
|Yard:||Axel Henningsen, Lundeborg Baadebygerie, DK|
|Overall length:||18.00 m|
|Length (hull):||12.00 m|
|Sail area:||184 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
|Engine:||6 Zyl. Perkins|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 07 Sep 2006
- built for the fisherman Hans Rasmussen from Langö in Lundebor Henningsen in 1944.
- used as fishing-boat under the name "Adolf Jensen" with the registration number N256 in the Nakskov Fjord and the Baltic Sea (Grand Belt).
- taken over by de Aage Rasmussen in July 1953, used for line-fishing until 1979.
- sold to Bente and John Pedersen from Kastrup in June 1979.
- new owner became Lisa Lauritzen, Benny Kvist, Kim Russel Jensen and Mads Knudsen in September 1979, renamed "Freja".
- rebuilding of the motor cutter to a traditionally rigged vessel started in winter 1979/80 in the port of Kastrup, some work was done at the shipyard Erichsen & Gröns in Kopenhagen beginning in spring of 1980, ready for sailing in summer 1982.
- interior and enlarge of the sailing area in winter 1980/81, she sailed the waters under Danish flag until 1993.
- she came to Lübeck/GER in August 1993, the museum port became her new home and base.
- since 1997 she is owned by the Föhring family, who maintain and sail the ship.
- homeported in Kiel since 2005.
Contact:Website (deutsch, 25 Dec 2022):
Freja: website of the ship by the owner with a photo