Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Anemor"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KUTTER|
|Type of ship:||Lotsenkutter, Colin Archer|
|Overall length:||13.50 m|
|Length (hull):||10.50 m|
|Sail area:||101 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
|Engine:||2 Zyl. SABB Diesel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 01 Sep 2000
- built for the firm Thamlow in Risör in 1929, used as a pilot cutter along the Norwegian coast
- starting from 1938 she was operated and used by the pilot agency T. Skrethin in Alesund
- 1949-54 used as a courier and mail ship between the Vesteral islands
- in 1954 she was decommissioned from commercial use, after that she she served for private puposes
- 1973 completely restored, fitted out with a auxiliary engine
- in the 1980s she sailed extended voyages, i.e. to the Panama channel and in the Atlantic (Canarian islands, Madeira, Azoren)
- after that she is resident in the museum port Oevelgönne in Hamburg
- took part in the 2000 Hanse-Konvoi (Lübeck, Wismar, Rostock, Stralsund, Greifswald)
Last tracked position of the ship:
Map provided by FleetMon.com
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Gert Uwe Detlefsen, Stefan Lipsky, Heinz Trost
"Veteranen- und Museumsschiffe"
Verlag Gert Uwe Detlefsen 1997 ISBN: 3-928473-34-4
(3. umfassend erweiterte Auflage)
Page: 20 Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact