Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Greta"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||Tykke Venn, Magellan, Inga|
|Type of rigging:||KUTTER|
|Type of ship:||Elbfischkutter|
|Yard:||Schierhorn Werft, Cranz/Elbe, GER|
|Overall length:||13.50 m|
|Length (hull):||10.00 m|
|Sail area:||65 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 04 Apr 2021
- built for the fishery on the river Elbe, GER.
- 1965 purchased by the naval architect Ernst Moritz Arndt from Hamburg-Wedel, renamed the "Inga", a lot of reconstruction work, among others sealing of the fish tank, yacht superstructure athe deck, replacement of the lugger rigg by a gaff rigg.
- in May 1972 sold to Kay Greiser, Hamburg; renamed the "Magellan".
- in autumn 1972 sold to Paul Kostrewa, Weeseby on the river Schlei, replacement of the superstructure by another.
- sold to Gunther Silke, Flensburg in an auction in the end of the 1970s.
- 1979 purchased by GÃ¼nther Wulf and JÃ¼rgen Falk, renamed the "Tykke Venn".
- since 1982 generally restored on the shipyard Michaelsen in Sonderburg after the drawings from the Altonaer Landesmuseums (museum in Hamburg).
- used in Flensburg and Hamburg as actively sailed veteran sailing ship for many years.
- later laid up in Hamburg, no maintainance and no use led to a deteriorated state of the ship.
- 2015 return to Flensburg, 2016 foundation of a supporting association in Flensburg, who maintains and uses her, mainly for sailing with youth.
- the ship is quite similar to another ship with the same name, to distinguish between both see the stern of the ships, the ship described here has a canoe stern whereas the other ship has a cutter stern
Contact:Website (deutsch, 04 Apr 2021):
Elbkutter Greta: website of the supporting association, history of the ship and photos, how to support the ship and membership, activities, contact
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Rainer Prüß, Gerd Büker
"Hafenblatt Museumshafen Flensburg e.V."
(Heft Nr. 9, Sonderheft)
Page: 21 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data
"Die schönsten Traditionssegler in Deutschland"
Verlag Rolf Kelling-Eischeid, Kiel 1987 ISBN: 3-924381-12-7
Page: 18 Source with picture Source with history
(kurzer beschreibender Text)