Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Johanne"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Type of ship:||Besanewer|
|Yard:||J. Junge, Wewelsfleth, GER|
|Overall length:||28.63 m|
|Length (hull):||21.07 m|
|Sail area:||220 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
|Engine:||Daimler Benz M 204 B|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 01 Sep 2000
- built in 1905 under the building number 115 at the shipyard 'Junge Werft' in Wewelsfleth, first name was "Meteor"
- 1909 enlarge of her hull
- 1921 renamed to "Johanne"
- 1937 fitted with an engine
- 1953 another enlarge of her hull and removal of her rigging, conversion to an inland motor vessel for carrying goods, fitted with another engine with more power
- 1982 laid up in Kellinghusen habour (Germany)
- 1988 purchased by the origanisation 'Arbeiterwohlfahrt (AWO)' from Schleswig-Holstein, start of her restoring in Glückstadt/GER, rebuilding of her hull to the length from 1909-1953, 1989 start to convert her to a sail training ship
- since 1995 resident in the museum port of Lübeck/GER since 1996 restore is done by fellow-workers and youth from the 'Jugendhilfezentrum AWO' in Lübeck
- she is used to make experiences for children and youth
Contact:Website (deutsch, 27 Mar 2021):
Besanewer Johanne: website of the operator with some info about the ship but mainly about the work, photos, contact address for booking
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
"Segler in der Zeitenwende"
Chronik der Seefahrt, Verlag Egon Heinemann, Norderstedt 1977 ISBN: 3-87321-946-8
(Biografie der kleinen stählernen Frachtsegelschiffe (1880 - Gegenwart))
Source with picture Source with technical data
(Hauptdaten und Foto im Abschnitt "Dokumentation")
"Hanse Sail Rostock - Wo man sich begegnet"
Hanse Sail Verein Rostock e.V. 2005
Page: 116 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data