Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Pippilotta"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||3-MAST-SCHONER|
|Yard:||Elsflether Werft AG, GER|
|Overall length:||44.00 m|
|Length (hull):||33.00 m|
|Sail area:||586 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 13 Jul 2000
- built in Elsfleth/GER as fishery logger in 1933
- used as a freighter in Norway in the 1950s
- since 1990 she has a new owner, conversion to a sailing ship and rigged as a 3-masted schooner
- she is certified sailing on all seas, usually she sail in the Baltic using Kappeln as base port
- participation in the sailing events from Brest and Douarnenez 2,000
- named for Astrid Lindgren's novel heroine Pippilotta Viktualia Rollgardina Pfefferminz Ephraimstochter Langstrumpf (Pippi Langstrumpf)
Contact:Website (deutsch, 11 Apr 2021):
Pippilotta - historical sailing vessel from Kappeln: the ship, the operator, offers for sailing on board, about the sailing region, contact address, photos, technical specification, reports about sailing
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
"Die letzten grossen Segelschiffe"
Delius Klasing Verlag 2002 ISBN: 3-7688-0483-6
(10. aktualisierte und erweiterte Auflage)
Page: 110 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data
"Hanse Sail Rostock - Wo man sich begegnet"
Hanse Sail Verein Rostock e.V. 2005
Page: 148 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data
Arne Koslowski (Hrsg.)
"traditions - Geschichten aus dem Meer erzählt von Skippern traditioneller Schiffe"
KardesH-Verlag 2005 ISBN: 3-938314-01-X
Page: 8 Source with picture Source with technical data
(Erzählung von Hartwig Schröder)