Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Minna Roeder"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KUTTER|
|Type of ship:||Buttjolle|
|Overall length:||8.80 m|
|Length (hull):||7.80 m|
|Sail area:||45 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 13 Jul 2000
- built in 1927, this kind of boats were used for fishing on the rivers Elbe and Weser in Germany
- original she carried a lugger rig
- 1945 decommissioned from the fishery, rebuilding to a sailing boat for spending sparetime with a cabin, after that she sailed long distances, i.e. to Norway
- 1982 found in Otterndorf/GER, reconstruction to her original appearance as a working boat without a deck
- she has been used for sail training purposes for the "Freie Waldorfschule" since 1983, after a period where she has not been used for 3 years, she needed a general overhaul, which could be finished in spring 2000
- foundation of the association "Minna Roeder" e.V., that is responsable for the maintenance and use of the ship by the youth
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Rainer Prüß, Gerd Büker
"Hafenblatt Museumshafen Flensburg e.V."
(Heft Nr. 9, Sonderheft)
Page: 24 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data