Ship profile for the sailing ship: "De To Søstre"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Name:||De To Søstre|
|Ex-names:||Die zwei Schwestern|
|Type of rigging:||JAGT|
|Type of ship:||Schleswig-Holsteinische Jagt|
|Yard:||Ebbe Andersen, Marstal/Ærø, DK|
|Overall length:||19.00 m|
|Length (hull):||12.00 m|
|Sail area:||106 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 27 Jul 2013
- she was built in 1989, the prototype was a ship from 1794, called the "De Fire Brødre" (later "Ana fra Vejle, 1794, Marstal, DK), a Jagt from Schleswig-Holstein (North Germany), such ships were used to transport agricultural goods, building materials and other goods until the beginning of the 19th century.
- christened "Die zwei Schwestern" (translated "The two sisters") after her prototype (translated "The four brothers") and the daughters of the owner (Ilse and Üze Oldenburg) from Flensburg/GER.
- registerred and listed in the museum habour of Flensburg.
- the replica is a Jagt with one mast and a square foresail, she has got a top sail under the foresail stag.
- 2008 change of the owner (Poul Erik and Anne Simonsen); registered port became Fåborg, DK; renamed the "De To Søstre".
Contact:Website (dansk, 27 Jul 2013):
De To Søstre: information about the boat and the prototype, many photos of different events, contact
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Rainer Prüß, Gerd Büker
"Hafenblatt Museumshafen Flensburg e.V."
(Heft Nr. 9, Sonderheft)
Page: 18 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data
Mitteilungsblatt der Freunde des Gaffelriggs
Page: 44-45, 51 Source with picture Source with history Quelle with contact
"Loslassen und ablegen"