Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Fleur de Lampaul"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Name:||Fleur de Lampaul|
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Yard:||Chantier Joseph Keraudren, Camaret-sur-Mer, FRA|
|Overall length:||31.50 m|
|Sail area:||270 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 19 Mar 2011
- Built in 1948 by Joseph Keraudren, Camaret-sur-Mer, FRA, as ketch-rigged trader, for shipowner Yves Le Guen.
- 1948-1975 homeported at Lampaul-Plouarzel, Brittany, carrying sand, salt and produce to offshore islands and England.
- 1975-1985 under new ownership (Henri Bescond), cut down to a motor vessel, dredging and carrying sand.
- 1985 bought by Charles Hervé-Gruyer for youth work.
- 1985-1987 under restauration to original rig
- 1987 Listed as Historic Monument. Awarded First Prize in 1988 in the Historic Monuments' competition.
- 1987-1991 youth work and social work as the "Children's oceanographic vessel". Short cruises in home waters and long cruises (4-9 months) to Canaries and Azores studying whales.
- 1992-1994 sails with youngsters to Africa, South and Central America to visit and learn from four different communities that live of the sea. Makes many TV films and wins UN and UNESCO awards.
- 1998-2001 sails with 10 children on a "training for life" round-the-world cruise.
- 2002 purchased by the Fondation Nicolas Hulot, used in environmental education and scientific voyages in the Atlantic and the Mediterranean.
- 2004/2005 overhaul at the shipyard Bernard at the peninsula Cotentin.
- offered for sale since 2009/2010.
Contact:Website (français, 28 Mar 2011):
Les Amis de Fleur du Lampaul: basic information about the ship, her history, many photos, contact
Website (français, 19 Mar 2011):
Fleur de Lampaul: website of the owner and operator with rge presentation of the ship in photos and her history
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Ollivier Puget, Jean-Noël Darde
"Partir sur les Grand Voiliers - Le guide pour embarquer"
Guides Balland 2000 ISBN: 2-7158-1277-9
Page: 222 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact