Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Earl of Pembroke"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Name:||Earl of Pembroke|
|Type of rigging:||BARK|
|Yard:||A. Svenson, Pukavik, SWE|
|Overall length:||44.00 m|
|Sail area:||910 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
|Engine:||6 Zyl. MAN DieseL|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 30 Jan 2014
- originally built as "Orion" in Pukavik/Sweden as one of the last 3-masted sailing schooners in 1945.
- traded timber in the Baltic and British East Coast.
- laid up in Thisted/DK in 1974.
- 1979 purchased by Square Sail Ltd., complete restoration commenced in 1985.
- 1994 commissioned as a bark of the 18th Century.
- use of the ship in several films.
- 2012 sold by old owner Square Sail Ltd. to Metaco LLP.
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
American Sail Training Association (ASTA)
"Sail Tall Ships! A Directory of Sail Training and Adventure at Sea"
2000 ISBN: 0-9636483-5-7
Page: 102 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact
Ein interaktives Informationssystem auf CD-ROM 1998
(2. überarbeitete Auflage)
Source with technical data Quelle with contact
"Die letzten grossen Segelschiffe"
Delius Klasing Verlag 2002 ISBN: 3-7688-0483-6
(10. aktualisierte und erweiterte Auflage)
Page: 153 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data