Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Charlotte"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||Addy, Kirstn Juul, Ocean, C. Jennet, Maibo|
|Type of rigging:||KUTTER|
|Type of ship:||Haikutter|
|Yard:||O.M. Christensen, Glyngøre/Limfjord, DK|
|Overall length:||17.60 m|
|Length (hull):||12.50 m|
|Sail area:||100 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
|Engine:||Mercedes Benz OM 314|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 27 Jan 2001
- built in 1925 at the shipyard of O.M. Christensen in Glyngøre/Limfjord as a fishing-boat, fishing in the Skagerrak and Kattegat
- in the beginning 1930 equipped with a more powerful engine what gave her some advantages of fishing-boats without an engine in speed and usage of the fishing net
- 1940 change of owner (Strandby), used a fishing-boat later on but without the rigging, fishing of lobsters in the Skagerrak and Kattegat
- since she was sold in Aalbeck in 1971 there were several owners and the ship had many different names
- recognized in 1985 by a German shiplover who bought the vessel and restored her based on books, paintings and photos from the Danish fishery museum until 1993
- homeport today is the museums port of Flensburg, she is available for charter
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Gert Uwe Detlefsen, Stefan Lipsky, Heinz Trost
"Veteranen- und Museumsschiffe"
Verlag Gert Uwe Detlefsen 1997 ISBN: 3-928473-34-4
(3. umfassend erweiterte Auflage)
Page: 40 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data
Rainer Prüß, Gerd Büker
"Hafenblatt Museumshafen Flensburg e.V."
(Heft Nr. 9, Sonderheft)
Page: 12 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data
Delius Klasing Verlag ISSN: 0936-7624
Page: 104 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact
"Hanse Sail Rostock - Wo man sich begegnet"
Hanse Sail Verein Rostock e.V. 2005
Page: 61 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data