Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Estelle"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||3-MAST-SCHONER|
|Overall length:||53.00 m|
|Length (hull):||38.50 m|
|Sail area:||663 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
|Engine:||B&W Alpha Diesel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 30 Sep 2007
- built in Emden (Germany) as a fishing boat for the North Sea in 1922
- decommissioned in 1957, used as a bulk cargo boat until 1986 then, lenghtened by 8m.
- reconstruction and repair began in 1986 in Turku (Finland) supported by the town
- operated by the New Wind organisation (Finland) to regenerate the best human traditions: hospitality, shared voluntary work, caring, fun, adventure
- runs as a sailing merchant vessel that transports goods from one country to another
- spends the winter 1999-2000 in Rostock (Germany)
- visited Rostock, GER during the G8 summit and the Hanse Sail 2007
Contact:Website (suomeksi/English, 30 Sep 2007):
Estelle: a sailing vessel in the worldwide fair trade, photos, history, info about her projects