Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Moewe"
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Type of ship:||Lägerdorfer Besanewer|
|Yard:||J.H.Fack, Itzehoe, GER|
|Length (hull):||17.86 m|
|Sail area:||150 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
|Engine:||Bohn und Kähler|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 30 Dec 1999
- besan ewer built at the shipyard Johann Heinrich Fack in Itzehoe without an engine in 1907, used by M.N. Fischer as a freighter
- she sailed in the ewer fleet of Lägerdorf (their measurements needs to meet the bridges and sluices of the Lägerdorfer channel which they have to pass), which transported cement from the factory in Lägerdorf near Itzehoe to Hamburg return with coal
- in service until 1917, after that several changes of the owner
- 1927 enlarge of the hull, installation of a machine, remove of the besan mast, used as inland freighter
- 1959 another change of the owner, 1960 laid up because of inprofitablety
- used as living-boat
- restoration began when the ship lover Bernd Alm bought her in 1977, she was awarded for her original restoration by the International Congress of Maritime Museums 1984 in Hamburg
- after a period of 6 years during which she laid up, the museum port of Oevelgönne in Hamburh took the ship, she is maintained and operated by a group of promotors, available for charter and day trips
Last tracked position of the ship:
Map provided by FleetMon.com
Contact:Website (deutsch, 01 Mar 2011):
Besanewer Moewe: website with photos and history
Website (deutsch, 28 Feb 2011):
Moewe: her history and technical specification, a photo
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
"Die letzten grossen Segelschiffe"
Delius Klasing Verlag 1997 ISBN: 3-7688-0483-6
(9. aktualisierte Auflage)
Page: 376 Source with history Source with technical data
(kurzer beschreibender Text)
Delius Klasing Verlag ISSN: 0936-7624
Page: 160 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact
"Besanewer "Moewe" von 1907"
"Segler in der Zeitenwende"
Chronik der Seefahrt, Verlag Egon Heinemann, Norderstedt 1977 ISBN: 3-87321-946-8
(Biografie der kleinen stählernen Frachtsegelschiffe (1880 - Gegenwart))
Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data
(Hauptdaten und Foto im Abschnitt "Dokumentation")